Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Creating a Bit of Spring...I'm Ready!



There's something about the image of a bird's nest that I can't resist. So when I saw Cathie Holden's beautiful "Little Wire Bird Nests" post at her "Just Something I Made" blog http://justsomethingimade.blogspot.com/2009/03/little-wire-bird-nests.html
I knew that I needed to try it. Visit her wonderful blog for the simple directions to this project.
A quick trip to Michael's to pick up the gun metal tone copper wire (3.99) and some beads (2.99 for a long strand), and I was set to go.
Although my first couple of attempts aren't nearly as lovely as hers (that look as if they were actually woven by tiny birds), they were such fun to make (and isn't that the whole point?). My little nests will probably end up tucked into shadow boxes with old family photos.
Just the right project to bring a touch of Spring into the last slow days of winter.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable!

    New follower from "Friday Follow"! I'd love for you to come visit me!

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. K~This is just simply precious. What a beautiful blog you have!

    I am a new follower from FF. Please come by and follow back. I am doing some great giveaways. Sorry I am a bit late at doing this, but better late than never. I look forward to following your blog and getting to know you better. Have a good week. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog!

    ReplyDelete