Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pom Pom Madness


Oh, my goodness. This is ridiculously fun! I’ve been making yarn pom poms for the last couple of hours, inspired by a project that I saw on

http://bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/blog/2009/11/diy-pom-pom-wreath.html

If the end product turns out, I’ll post a photo of it for you to see. It’s been so long since I’ve made a pom pom that I forgot what mindless enjoyment it can be. My daughter even got distracted from her computer roaming enough to come over to see what I was doing. (That, in itself was worth it. J ).

After watching me make one, she knew exactly what to do (not brain surgery, after all), and was asking to try it. She would have gladly sat the rest of the night and “pommed” with me, but alas it was time to get ready for bed.

Of course, she wanted to know what project we could do in Girl Scout Brownies with this new discovery. I guess I need to work that into a future meetings’ craft. Luckily, our troop members are all BIG on crafts, so I wouldn’t dare have a meeting without one.

So it was off to Dreamland, with a promise of a trip to Michael’s tomorrow to pick out whatever color yarn she likes. She’ll probably have a bit of trouble getting to sleep with her head filled with project ideas. Takes after her mom that way.

I'm making my poms rather "shaggy", rather than tight and small to see if I can get a softer overall look for the project. Next time I'm sure I'll try to other method.

I’m planning on using mostly red, with a bit of pink and white for my Valentine color scheme. Granted, still a fun, tchochke wreath…but perhaps a bit less girly than all pink. I was originally planning this as a surprise decoration for K4’s bedroom door…but it now seems she has her own plans in mind with her new talent. That’s just fine with me. Mommy is so glad to have a crafting buddy!

So…as long as I was getting carried away tonight, I thought I might as well begin the blog I’ve been thinking about. I admit to being one of those people who always has several “irons in the fire” (and then wonders why I don’t have more time, ha ha).

We’ll see how this goes. Hope that you try making a pom or two yourself. It could be a new addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment